By the time we recognize this moment, this moment will be gone.

John Mayer


August 5, 2009

Summers End


Where the summer months went I do not know. Seems as if we skipped them somehow. Two weeks from today I will send my son off to his Junior year of high school and my daughter off to another new adventure in college life. And our Livy, cute as can be and who almost instantly became a one year old and is now exploring places that she has only seen from afar. Then there is our Al-boy, eight months into the "best two years" of his life. Man we miss that kid!
Now here I am with thoughts of fall on my mind and thinking about what grand treasures that Santa will pull out of his hat this year. (I admit it, I think about that all year!) We have had a summer full of memories, now off we go to the next journey! Time flies by us and we scarcely even realize it. "By the time I recognize this moment, this moment will be gone." How true that statement is. Thanks for the wisdom Mr. Mayer!

1 comments:

Kelsey said...

I'm sad it's almost over :(