
Thinking alot lately as I watch my sweet daughter contemplate the upcoming birth of our precious baby and remembering the four times I spent in her shoes. Each time was well thought out but not without challenges. As I sit here now approaching the end of the "raising children" part of my journey, sad they are grown and not needing me so much anymore but loving watching them be themselves. Sometimes when they are here together I sit quietly and watch them laugh with each other and tuck it away for another day long from now when they are busy with their own children, and they are sitting quietly watching them laugh together. My mother always tells me that I have done a good job raising my sweet children, and though I appreciate that, I think that they are who they are not because of what I have done but because of who they are as individuals and as a whole, the four of them together. My hope is that they always will look to each other for whatever they need, stay close and be friends. Thanks to my kids for the amazing adults they have become, for the choices they have made, the spouses they have chosen and will choose in the future, for my grandchildren. This past month has brought some challenges to our family in a way that was totally unexpected. Because it is mostly my children who read this Blog I feel safe in talking a little bit about it here. Sometimes I sit here at the computer and look at our family picture taken last fall. When I see myself I wonder, where is she. Where is that person that used to be me. I am fighting every day to find her, and though I am told it is a long journey I still wake up every morning and hope for a better day. I am sorry to my children and Kevin for what I have put them through. I know that I have put them in a place they never thought they would be, especially my sweet Hillary. I am sorry that you have all lost your mother for a while, I know you miss her. I do too. Please know how much I love you and that I will continue to fight every day for you. I have faith in the Priesthood and know that the Lord answers prayers in his own time and way and I hang on to that. Hopefully in a few months I will look back on this experience and think of all the things I learned because of it. Tomorrow
will be a better day. To my kids remember, as always, you are my reason to breathe.
3 comments:
We miss spending time with you and everyone else as well, interesting that you mentioned the family pictures because I thought those same thoughts just a day or two ago. One lesson I have learned through this is how important a mother is... you are the glue that holds your family together. Sophia prayed last night "bless grandma Barbara that she can feel better really fast" then told me after her prayer that she remembered to say "really fast" so she was convinced you would be feeling better today or tomorrow :) Hang in there, we pray and think about you constantly. xoxo
I have learned a lot this last month too. We will never be able to understand fully what anyone is going through, we all have battles to fight. I have also realized how much I rely on you; probably much more than you should have to be relied upon, and am sorry if I have been a burden in the past. I know this has been hard for you, it has been hard for us all in different ways, but I know you are strong and you can do this. We all love you and are praying for you every night. Little Ammie asks for grandma hee-hee to feel better every night in her prayers. Hopefully, soon, we will all look back on this and be closer for it. We love you so much and miss you, the real you, and hope to see her again soon.
I almost started crying when I read this. I would love to tell you all that I've learned this past month (and trust me, I've learned a lot) but to be honest I'm saving it for my mothers day post, so just hold out a few more days :) But mom I love you so much and pray for you every night. You say you can't attribute how we turned out to anything you've done, but I disagree. You've raised us right :) I love you mom! Keep hangin in there!
Post a Comment