By the time we recognize this moment, this moment will be gone.

John Mayer


February 20, 2011

A Feb to Remember!

I adore this place.  Love, love, love Disney World
Behind us is the Tree of Life 
Well as I look as my blog day in and day out, I see that no fairy has came in and  updated or posted anything for me.  My sweet girls keep up on the posting of their families and Kelsey keeps up on the rest of us.  I can't let February go by without posting about our trip to Florida.  As a mom I have come to learn that there are times in your life when you try with all you have to drink moments in.  I believe that as a young mother I never did that. I was always consumed with the day and getting through it.  But as you get older and see your children head off on their own you begin to drink in the moments.  There was the time that my Jake stood at the top of the stairs and told me how much he loved Lindsey long before they were married.  Or when I went shopping with him getting him ready for the mission and we would talk and have lunch.  Then that dreadful day when I watched him walk away at the MTC.  With Hillary it was the moments I would watch her play in her room alone without her knowing I was watching. She would sing and play with her animals so sweet.  She was my girly girl. Then the day that she came into the celestial room at the Temple and hugged her dad.  Never will I forget her sweet face. And watching her give birth to Ammie, though difficult for me a treasured moment.  With the last two kids I have had time to realize the importance of the phrase "holding on tight" cause I have had the gift of seeing their future in a way through the older two.  Kelsey has given me some sweet memories but in a different way.  She has spent alot of time on my bed or on the couch just visiting with me, telling me about her day or her life.  Lots of days I have looked at her and been so grateful for that part of her that is not afraid to open up and talk to me. It has been a gift. I am sure we will share some wonderful moments in the future as she begins her life as a wife and mother.  Nicolas I have some different things that I hold on tight to.  For example one day last spring when I was not doing so well he was in the kitchen fixing something on a Sunday. As I watched him dressed in his white shirt and tie I caught of glimpse of him as a missionary.  It made me smile.  One day recently he told me what a good mom I was and that he wouldn't want any other mom. Right to the heart!  He has made me smile everyday of his life.  There are so many things that I have tucked away in my heart which leads me to the beginning of this post of our trip.  I was so lucky to spend seven days with my two kids and make some memories.  How much I cherish that trip. It was perfect for me and  I  had the best time of my life.  At the end of each day Kevin and I would say, this has been a great day. And they were.

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

It was good for you guys to go without us and our chaos and just spend time with "the kids" while we can still call them that... My kids aren't babies anymore and I am learning how much I wish I could have one more baby to baby. If only you could have the perspective that time gives you right from the beginning :)

Hill said...

I am so glad you got to spend time with them before life gets more complicated. I am looking forward to going to vegas with them, I don't know when I will get to go do something like this, just with them again, and I had to jump on it.