| Ahhhhhh......Loved Disney World |
Then graduation for Nic from Maple Mountain High School. That was an especially great day for Nic!
| Nic and his best bud! |
With lots to do for the wedding we still found some time to spend a couple of days on the lake with the kids and enjoy the boat. Summer flew by and I still don't even think I took time to sit and enjoy the summer evenings.
| Utah Lake with the kids |
July came and the wedding got closer. We were blessed to go to the Mt. Timpanogas temple with Kelsey and I had the privilege of being her escort. I have enjoyed that experience with both my girls and how blessed I felt to be sitting with them as they enjoyed the spirit of the Temple for the first time.
| Me and my girls. They are beautiful! |
The wedding day came and we went to the Draper Temple with Kels and Alan. One memory about that experience that makes me smile was the few moments that I spent in the Brides room with her, helping her get into her dress and veil. The sweet sister in the Temple reminded me to stop for a moment and stand in the mirror with my beautiful daughter and drink in the memory. I am grateful for that moment. You teach and steer your daughter all her life towards the Temple. You teach her to always keep her self worthy to enter and to remember that is her goal. Then the day comes and you walk in there with your daughter and she comes out a wife. You step back and take your place in her life, different but still important. And you let go.
Fall came and brought with it lots of craziness and we began to work on mission papers. We were able to go to Lake Powell and spend a few days with Nic, Kels and Alan and it was a great trip. Alan caught his first fish! We just relaxed, ate and fished for three days. The weather was wonderful and Powell never dissapoints.
| First fish at Lake Powell |
October we got the mission call and now we are in the last weeks of preparation. Argentina is taking my boy for two years. I am not going into that alot in this post. Mainly because it's tender for me. Silly mom, right?
Christmas is here and soon it will be over again. Having a lot of mixed feelings about the holidays this year. Even so, we will have a good time together and I will drink in all the moments that I can and save them for those days when I need a smile.
Thanks so much to my kids for everything they have done this past year. They are always there to help, support me and each other and make me laugh. I love them more than I could ever express and I hope they know that. Thanks to my sweet daughter in law for so many things, to numerous to name. Thanks to my now TWO son-in-laws for loving my daughters and taking care of them. I love you all!
I hope as we begin the New Year we will all remember to keep the Savior present in our families so that we can be together forever. When our testimonies are weak rely on each others' til they grow strong again. So grateful for all the blessings of the past year.

2 comments:
good post, what a year it's been.
here here!
Post a Comment