Today we reach the 50 day mark. It is so amazing that we are here. I am beginning to get nervous about everything and my stomach is feeling the stress. There is so much to do and I am feeling a little overwhelmed. These past couple of months have slipped by almost unnoticed. It seems that the mission is speeding up and that my time as a Missionary mom is about to end. I feel a lot of sadness about that. There is something so precious about being the mother of a Missionary. It is an experience I have treasured twice. There are blessings that come to you specifically. You know that Heavenly Father is aware of you and how much you miss your child. The letting go of your Missionary as they leave home is difficult but coming home also has it challenges. Having already experienced this once I am well aware of the changes that I am about to be faced with. This has made it twice as difficult to let go of my son this time. I knew that he would never be the same young man that I sent to the MTC almost two years ago. It is truly bittersweet. We are excited to have our family together again and to be able to spend some time with Nic before there are other demands on his time. WE love you Nic!
What Makes Christmas, Christmas to Me
9 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment