By the time we recognize this moment, this moment will be gone.

John Mayer


September 21, 2008

Another tag from Hillary

Kevin: He is a hard worker and is pretty much able to fix anything. He cares about others and takes his calling in the Bishopric very seriously. I have seen him grow and change in so many ways and I am proud of the person He has become. He honors his priesthood and works hard to do the things that will keep the spirit with him. I know he is so so so proud of his kids even though he probably doesn't verbalize it much, but he is. They know that he will give them 110% if they ever need him. He is a great husband and works hard to make sure that we have all that we need. I appreciate and love him for putting up with me for all these years. Thanks!

Jake: The most amazing dad I and husband I have ever seen. He always worries about me and calls me to make sure that I am ok if he knows I am sad about something. This melts my heart. I love it when he gives me a hug.
He is a great friend and people are drawn to him. He is not a gossiper and if you tell him something he will keep it in the vault! He is a gifted artist, even though he disagrees. I am so proud of him!

Lindsey: She couldn't have fit into our family any better if she was my own child. She is talented and creative and my interior decorator! She loves my sweet son and I love her for that. They have a relationship that is unique.
She is an amazing mom and adores her kids. She is very sensitive about everything and worries way to much about birds. (ha)

Hillary: My sweet girl. I am so proud of the way she has stepped into the mother role. She works so hard to be the best mom she can. I know I can talk to her about anything (and do) and she always listens to me. She is sensitive and cares about other people especially her family. She and I think alike about so many things. She loves so many things that I do. She was always my elf on Christmas Eve up until last year. We had alot of good visits at night under the tree. Hope she will take those traditions and share them with her daughter/s. Then she will know the joy it gave me! Like me, she loves music and is a teenager at heart. She will make a great teen-ager mom!

Josh: Probably one of the most driven and goal oriented people I know. He is a little competitive, ok alot. He strives to do his best at whatever he does. It is not good enough to do something just to get by. He is patient and so kind to my Hillary and I appreciate that I know she is loved and respected. I admire that he takes notes during conference and listens to it on his I pod. SO AWESOME!

Kelsey: My other sweet girl! Not a day goes by that this girl does not amaze me. I learn from her and she sets such a great example to me. She sees the big picture which is very rare at 18 and already knows where she wants to go. She loves her family and spending time with her siblings. She is a great friend and puts others feelings first. I am so proud of her and the values that she has set for herself. Never been a worry to me and I always have trusted her 100%. How lucky for me!!! She is talented and funny and makes us laugh. She has allowed me to be part of her life even through these teen age years when your mom suddenly gets the plague. Never has she seemed embarrassed to have me around her friends. Man, that has been fun for me!!!!

Nicolas: What a great young man. He works so hard to do the right things and he sets a great example to me. He has chosen to surround himself with great friends and is a great friend in return. He is so loving and kind to me and to his sisters. He is always good for a hug and a kiss and is never embarrassed about where or when. He is creative and fun to be around. We are about to enter the dating zone again here at our house. and I am looking forward to all the fun to be had! I am so proud of the young man he has become. He has always had a smile on his face and makes me smile everyday.

Grandkids: What fun this group of angels has been for me. Each individual with their own little personalities. I love seeing them and watching them grow and learn. My favorite times are when the whole family is here together and being able to watch Jake and Hill care for each others kids and the younger two play with them. I am sure at those times that this is what heaven is like for sure. They say that grandchildren are a reward for putting up with their parents. I say they are a bonus! I never put up with my own kids, I adore them!

Mom: My mom wants to take care of everyone and she gives it her best shot for sure. She calls me everyday just to see if I am ok. Something that I probably take for granted but someday will miss terribly. She has a soft spot in her heart for my kids and they for her also. She has been another mom to them and always felt safe with her. I think they still look to her for that sometimes. She is a great mom and I appreciate her more than I can say.

2 comments:

Hill said...

This was fun to do and fun to read.

Lindsey said...

The bit about the birds... haha!