
The long awaited mission call came for our Al boy. It was exciting for everyone and he was so happy to be going out of the country and learning a language. It seems like we have talked about his call for so long and here it is, finally here. It has been fun to be part of his life these past couple of years. I sometimes forget that he has a family of his own. I have gotten to be his mom at times, his friend and his therapist many times. We have had so many good talks and I have trusted him with my precious daughter. He has made my life easier in getting Kelsey through high school, I never had to worry about her safety for one minute. If it was snowing he would come get her for school or go get her from work. I always knew she was safe and that he would make sure nothing happened to her. I really appreciated that as a mom. Here is my Alan list:
Alan can and will sleep anywhere anytime.
He is not a fan of ice cream.
He wants to be taller.
He is really very strong for his little body.
He cares about others feelings and tries to make others happy even at his own expense.
He is very generous and has promised me a new car, a cruise and another house. (I will take him up on the first two, but I love my house)
He has a smile that can only make you want to smile back.
He can hold his own around our house in the crudeness category.
He loves kids.
He hates it when we leave the cupboard doors open.
One of the sweetest things I have seen him do for Kelsey is last homecoming she didn't have a date and he did. After he took his date home for the night he came over in his suit and took her outside and turned up the car radio and they had their own dance in driveway.
He is talented and very smart.
He loves my daughter. (Wise boy)
Congratulations Alan, we love you!
What Makes Christmas, Christmas to Me
9 years ago
3 comments:
All very true. What a little sweetie.
I forgot about the Homecoming dance thing, that made me want to cry because it really probably is the sweetest thing anyone has ever done for me. He's a sweetheart and thanks for loving him like a member of the family :) He loves us too
Aww, Barb....you didn't have to, that was all really kind :) however, I don't HATE icecream..I would just prefer something with a lower price ;) Just kidding (but not really) Thanks Barb, I could have never asked for a better 2nd mom, I love you as I would a real mom. Thanks for everything :)
Post a Comment