By the time we recognize this moment, this moment will be gone.

John Mayer


November 26, 2012

300 Days


300 Days Ago!
Nic has been gone for 300 days! He is very happy, healthy and working hard as ever. He is now a Senior Companion and has been so blessed with amazing companions. He loves the work and the people and spends a lot of time thinking and preparing lessons and activities to help strengthen his branch. His is being the Missionary that we all knew he would be. We miss him so much and especially at this time of year we are feeling a huge part of us missing. I sometimes think that I am getting used to my day without my son in it. Then the other day Riley, who Nic entrusted with all his Vans, was downstairs watching a movie and I walked past the front door and saw Nic’s red Vans sitting by the door. Sounds weird but I spent a few teary minutes with that pair of shoes. I miss that pile of Vans at my front door. I keep moving forward trying to follow my own advice to others, not to wish the mission away, but still counting everyday that goes by. So proud of my son and grateful to be his mom. 430 days!

0 comments: